The 5star Series requires that each player have a valid annual player ID card. In order to eliminate substitutions of illegal rostered players, having a player ID is imperative. Therefore, every player is required to show their player ID before entering the field of play.
Registering as a new player? You must first register through APPA as a new player. Start here.
2018 player ID Fees
- Pay online 7 days prior to your first event and upload your personal photo: $40.00
- Pay online within 7 days of your first event or wait until the event: $50.00
- Forget to upload your photo or wait until the event to get your picture taken: $10.00
- Lost your ID, need a reprint or even a roster change: $10.00
Player ID card Frequently Asked Questions
1. I am new to tournament paintball, how do I get my player ID?
Registering as a new player?
- You must first register through APPA as a new player.
- After completing and submitting the form, you will receive an email that will contain your player ID number which is automatically generated by APPA.
- You will need this number when registering your team for an event.
NEW PLAYER ID FORM:
Information entered must exactly match your government ID. It is important that the information you enter is correct. A few seconds spent now will save you time later.
Be prepared to provide the following information:
- Choose a username
- Choose a password
- Confirm your password
- Your first name
- Your middle name – Not required but we suggest providing it.
- Your last name
- Your email address
- Confirm your email address
- Phone number
- Zip Code
2. I already have an APPA number, how do I get a Player ID?
- You do NOT need to re-register or create another APPA number.
- Go to the APPA site and log In to your Player Profile.
- Click on the “Picture” tab to upload your personal photo to be printed to your EPL ID.
- Click on the “ID Cards” tab to pay your 5star Series Player registration fee.
- Select “5star Series” then,
- Click one of the “Buy Now” buttons to pay.
- You’ll receive an email when your photo is approved.
- Bring your government-issued photo ID to the next event to pick up your card.
3. Why do I need a player ID?
- The league contracts with the APPA, American Paintball Players Association, to identify players and their tournament history. By keeping track of one’s tournament history, the APPA is able to rank players and qualify them based on a ranking system. This ranking system is the measuring stick by which we rank individual players and qualify them for divisions of play that we offer.
- The primary purpose of a player ID is to provide a means of verifying a player’s identity and event participation history.
- To insure that experienced players are categorized in divisions that include other players of similar playing experience.
- By preventing “sandbaggers” from registering in divisions of less experience, our goal is to help grow the sport of paintball, make each division competitive and keep it fun for all.
4. When do I need a player ID Card?
You will need a player ID Card to be a player or staff member in the Eastern Paintball League or 5Star Series. To save money and time, we highly suggest that all participants register for an APPA ID number and purchase a player ID card before the date of the event in which you plan to participate.
5. What if I have a previous years 5Star Series ID Card?
- Each player must obtain a new player ID each year.
- A new player ID insures that each player is categorized and ranked accordingly based on previous years performance, not only from 5Star Series and EPL events, but all APPA endorsed tournaments.
6. What is the easiest way to obtain my player ID Card?
The easiest and fastest way to obtain a player ID Card is online. Waiting until the day of the event will cause you to wait in line and pay more money.
7. Why should I register early for a player ID?
All players are eligible for the player ID discount by paying for your player ID registration fee online and uploading a photograph suitable for printing prior to 7 days before your first event.
- Pictures must be of one individual.
- A close-up portrait similar to a drivers license or state ID picture.
- Although you save $10 by prepaying for your player ID, you will be subject to a $5 service charge if your personal photo has not been uploaded for printing or is not suitable for use.
- Personal photo must be uploaded by the close of business Monday prior to your event.
- player ID’s purchased after the Monday prior to your event may be subject to as much as a $50 cost.
- Take advantage of this $15 savings buy prepaying and uploading your photo.
- Spend your time on the field and not waiting in line to pay more money and to simply get your picture taken.
8. Do I need to purchase a Player ID for each event?
No. Your annual EPL ID is good for all events that season. You can play any EPL format in any EPL conference event, including the 5Star Series (AKA EPL Mid-Atlantic Conference), with an annual player ID card issued by the EPL or the 5Star Series.
9. How do I pickup my Player ID Card?
Players 17 years of age and older MUST have one of the following:
- State-issued Driver’s License or ID Card
- US or Foreign Passport
- Photo US Military ID with Birth Date
Players under 17 may also use one of the following:
- Photo School ID Card with Birth Date printed on ID
- Photo School ID Card accompanied by one of the following: Birth Certificate or Driving Permit
- Photo in Player’s Most Recent School Yearbook accompanied by one of the following: Birth Certificate or Driving Permit
10. If I already have a EPL ID card, do I need to purchase an 5star Series ID card?
No. Your annual EPL ID is good for all 5star series events. You can play any 5star Series format with an annual EPL ID card.
1!. If I already have a NXL ID card, do I need to purchase an 5star Series ID card?
Yes. The league is not affiliated with the NXL.